Not sure how set in stone these dates are, but I suspect they will stand.....

Sunday 14 October National Trophy Round 1 Abergavenny Leisure Centre

Saturday 3 November European Championships Chantry Park, Ipswich

Sunday 4 November National Trophy Round 2 Chantry Park, Ipswich

Sunday 11 November Inter Area Championships Milton Keynes Bowl

Sunday 18 November National Trophy Round 3 Southampton Leisure Centre

Sunday 2 December National Trophy Round 4 Temple Park Centre, South Shields

Sunday 9 December Regional Championships various

Sunday 16 December National Trophy Round 5 Shrewsbury Sports Village

Sunday 6 January National Trophy Round 6 Moorways Centre, Derby

Sat/Sun 12-13 January National Championships Peel Park, Bradford 

Views: 433

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quite intrigued by the "clustering" of the events in early november,I know the commission were a little put out by the Rapha Super Series.I have to think that even in some small way theses dates have been  chosen to put a little pressure on this new upstart series.But IF this is the case I feel someone may be left  squealling,as it may be the Rapha guys will have to look for a different date slot.Now I know as fact that many of our top guys who rode the Rapha Series were openly,disscussing that the promoters should go looking for a date clash with a Trophy!!! Well my long term guess is..............beware Southampton. 

Its quite clear to anybody that BC has taken up the dates to stop the Rapha series taking off.. If the Rapha series are held in the North on these dates then it will be cheaper for riders from the North than travelling south , and think the Rapha series will be better supported looking at the number of riders in the North West and Yorkshire series..

Mind you BC made alot of money in levies from the Rapha series for doing 'bugger all' !!!!!

Gents, calm yourselves. We have made sure our dates do not clash in any way with Trophy dates - that would not do anyone any favours. Just put the 20 / 21 / 28th October in your diaries as well. We are just finalising venues and will have news soon. Everyone's a winner. 

Not at all excited Ian,but stating some of the guys honest opinions.Don't forget there does'nt have to be a date clash to effect the turn out at a Trophy anymore.Knowing how much some of "my"guys put into the Raphas last winter,I feel had the following weeks Trophy been Southampton and not Leicester,they would'nt have gone.

Really looking forwards to next seasons Raphas though,I do know that at least one road team is considering fielding a team.

So we still at 3 races,did'nt you want anymore,as i know 2 organisers are still keen,but have'nt heard anything? whatever good luck and if i can be of any help please let me know,as redundant now and have a little extra time on my hands,thanks martin booth

Ian Cleverly said:

Gents, calm yourselves. We have made sure our dates do not clash in any way with Trophy dates - that would not do anyone any favours. Just put the 20 / 21 / 28th October in your diaries as well. We are just finalising venues and will have news soon. Everyone's a winner. 

Still three rounds for the moment. We have had a fair few few offers and they have all been good, so it promises be pretty darned hot. News when I know more.

Dirk Hofman Motorhomes sponsor all the Superprestige, GVA and World Cup events don't they.  It's time the likes of Rapha properly sponsored the British Cycling series in this way:

Dave Haygarth said:

Dirk Hofman Motorhomes sponsor all the Superprestige, GVA and World Cup events don't they.  It's time the likes of Rapha properly sponsored the British Cycling series in this way:

For gods sake why,don't you think they already take enough out of the system as it is?

Ian,please drop me a line as soon as you can if you have a slot for a rapha race,i'm doing something to help resurrect cross in leicestershire and could do with a headline event of some sort,thanks martin booth

Ian Cleverly said:

Still three rounds for the moment. We have had a fair few few offers and they have all been good, so it promises be pretty darned hot. News when I know more.

I always thought the dirk signs where just there popping up from blokes who walk in with the signs, any evidence of them actually paying to hold there signs out?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Consolidated 'cross news

© 2014   Created by Dave Haygarth.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service